Monday, October 03, 2005

these are the colours of my life

Lately i've taken to sitting and imagining my walls in different colours. There is probably something very deep and profound about this, or it may just be i have a low tolerance for sameness and can't really justify yet another layer of color on these walls quite yet. How soon is too soon to repaint your walls? And is it really walls that need changing? Hmmmm? Look deeper, vhat do ju see?

Well, here I am typing on my new laptop. Finally - I have a laptop! No more rhinocerous tied to my ankle! I'm free at last, free at last! Well, it ain't all that but throw in a bag of chips and I won't turn my nose up at it. I'm still trying to get the feel for this keyboard. I shall soon have to begin writing assignments and I'm trying to work out this unfortunate tendency toward profanity beforehand. (That's the keyboard's tendency - we will leave my tendency for another evening.)

So here's the scoop. Back to school. Pros: not as dumb as I thought I was. Cons: not as young as I thought I was. Seriously, it's one thing to know you're not 19 anymore, but almost entirely surrounded by 19 year-olds brings knowing to a whole different level. It's visceral. Don't ask me to define that; just trying it out for the essay assignment. So, English Lit. Love it. Seemed like a great excuse to read a bunch of books I've already read and loved. 6 novels in 12 weeks. That wouldn't be so bad if they were normal novels. The Brothers Karamazov is 900 pages (the version I have) of extremely small print. And did I mention the aging dilemna? My eyes hurt! Sigh.... well. Who am I kidding? I am happy as pigs in 7s7u9ot (there is goes again)! 4 years of staying home; of being mostly alone with babies... now I am out among people, learning, reading, discussing - I feel like I'm living again! It is awesome. I love it. So I think the dining room walls are red today. And man does my new table & chair set look great against them!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Tia has a blog. Now everything is right in the world. We are accomplishing our goals!!!! It's about time. Can't wait to see the table set. Bring it over will ya?!

Shirley said...

sigh...every day I check this blog for new inspiration, but alas...NOTHING. How sad...all that brilliant writing talent wasted...just wasted.